In our family, we love creating new and fun recipes. Why? My husband is a foodie, and we are both secretly want-to-be chefs-LOL.
In all honesty, since it is quite warm outside in N.C. we decide to test out a new tandoori chicken recipe we put together. The result? We devoured every piece of chicken in sight throughout the next three days. And my husband raved that we have to make this for my dad, he is going to “LOVE IT!” Hence, we decided we had to share it with you all as well! This tandoori chicken recipe is tender, juicy, and will surely have everyone asking for more! It is a recipe you have to TRY NOW! Plus, this recipe is dairy-free, grain-free, gluten-free, paleo, and keto.
Tandoori Chicken Recipe You Have To Try Now
What You Will Need/Ingredients
- 1 package of boneless chicken thighs (usually 1.5lbs)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoons salt (adjust as needed)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (omit if you don’t want the chicken to be spicy)
- 1 teaspoon of oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoon of lime juice
- In large bowl, mix together all the spices until well combined. It should smell absolutely amazing! Taste and adjust with more salt if needed.
- Prick the chicken thighs with a fork. Add the thighs to the spice mix, and add in the lime juice. Toss to completely coat the chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Charcoal Grilling-Wear a hot mitt, and use tongs to arrange medium hot briquettes in a ring, leaving 12 inches in center free of coals. Grill chicken on covered grill, in center, directly over coal free area. Turn and cook for 20-25 or until no longer pink.
- Gas Grilling-If you are using a gas grill, set burners on medium heat and grill for approximately 25 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Garnish with freshly squeezed lemon or lime, cilantro, and red onions. Serve with naan and a chutney of your choice.
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Let us know how it turned out for you? Find us on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook @growingupguptas and on Twitter @growingupgupta.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2018 Growing Up Gupta